Saturday, April 27, 2013

Time Well Spent



I cannot believe I am posting my last blog!  It is a bit surreal to think I will have my Master’s Degree soon.  My time at Walden has been stressful at times, but overall, an amazing experience!  I have learned so much about myself and early childhood education.  I learned that my passion for educating young children is strong helped me keep moving forward through my studies.  I also learned that I am doing the right thing for the students in my classroom. My studies helped me realize that I know what is developmentally appropriate for young children and gave me more ideas to strengthen my teaching even further.  The most important thing I learned through my time at Walden is that I am capable of much more than I think I am.  I was balancing mommy, wife, teacher, and student duties, and somehow managed to get it all done.  

One long term goal I have for myself is to never stop learning and growing both in my personal life and my professional life.  To Dr. Teri and all of my colleagues, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your knowledge and support!  I could not have made it through without you.  Time to celebrate!!

Some of my favorite quotes from the resources this week:

“Every child is gifted. They just unwrap their packages at different times” –Anonymous (Laureate, 2011).   

“No one had yet fully realize the wealth of sympathy, kindness, and generosity hidden in the soul of a child.  The effort of every true education should be to unlock that treasure” - Emma Goldman (Laureate, 2011). 

“It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge” – Albert Einstein (Laureate, 2011). 

                                                                        References
Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2011). Merging vision, passion, and practice

4 comments:

  1. Leigh,
    Sometimes it is the unexpected that escapes onto the page. I have to say that it was your smiling face on your blog page that often gave me pause to smile. You have one of those bright smiles that seems to also hint at mischief. May you cause a great deal of mischief in your next journey as a leader... We really need people in elementary school classrooms that understand appropriate practice and anti-bias education. Best wishes on whatever comes next. And invite the Coach to look up our men in child care facebook group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gregory! You are so kind! I have loved learning with you and will have my husband look at your facebook group for sure!! Thank you for being a source of inspiration for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leigh!
    This has been a long road filled with challenges and joys. In the end, the joy outweighs the challenges! We really needed each other through this amazing journey. That's a great long term goal and inspirational quotes. Now, go and have the time of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leigh,

    Good luck in your future endeavors! I can see your passion making a difference in the near future. Enjoy the extra time you have now with your children. I know I am looking forward to not having to tell my babies..."no, I have a paper to write! Maybe we can play later!" I'm glad our paths crossed in this course. I hope to hear of your future accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete