Saturday, August 11, 2012

Diversity Through Art

Diversity
Love, respect, kindness
Open mind, open heart, open hands
Differences, learning, passion
Food, music, stories
What makes us special


In reading the criteria for this assignment, I thought it would be simple, but as I was working on it, I was having a difficult time.  Diversity is such a vast concept, it was hard for me to put it into words.  It is also a concept that is forever changing.  If I had to do this assignment again in a month, I am sure I would define it differently.  I am excited to look at the other blogs and learn from all of you. :)

2 comments:

  1. Your last stanza says it all "what makes us special". When we dislike or are bias towards people because they are different we are missing out on special things in life. Diversity is truly an art. I don't always understand various pieces of art but I still appreciate the beauty it holds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leigh

    Nice poem that you created. Everything that you included in the poem relates to the importance of diversity, and they all focus on happiness. I feel that is what diversity is about. Biases exist because we have too many discomforts. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete