Saturday, December 3, 2011

Research Around The World


I explored http://www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org.au/ .  It is a wonderful site that is easy to maneuver through.  Some of the international research topics I found were: learning and teaching through play, dealing with bullying, respecting diversity, engaging and building a strong communication with families, and many more.  

I was surprised to find while exploring the site that half of the world’s refugees are children.  I guess I never thought about how many children would be impacted.  Children would be impacted even more and at greater risk for adverse effects from being uprooted from everything familiar.  

I enjoyed the links to articles from Every Child magazine. It is a publication focusing on the early years in a child’s life and includes various topics that address the issues that arise in the early years.  It is a link I will be revisiting. 

4 comments:

  1. Leigh:
    It is nice to have the same interest!

    I would like to read about the article... Is amazing, I am interested in visiting this country, are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leigh:

    I also selected Early Childhood Australia. As I reviewed their journal and read many of the article abstract, I was struck by that fact that many research topics were the same issues we face in the United States.

    Thank you for sharing information on the Every Child magazine. I hope to make time to go back to look at those as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leigh,

    I was surprised to see so many article topics that relate to discussions here in the U.S. I also reviewed Every Child magazine and found it to be pretty comprehensive.

    I also thought of your research simulation when I saw several articles on play.

    This is definitely a website we will be able to refer back to for future reference.

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leigh,

    I explored the same website for my blog assignment. I was also impressed with the Every Child magazine and the archive of articles and resources available online without needing a membership.

    Caitlyn

    ReplyDelete