Thursday, July 7, 2011

Relationship Reflection

My Husband and I have a wonderful relationship.  I am a very lucky woman!  He is caring, supportive, positive, patient, and always there for anything I need.  He is an amazing father, especially at 3 am.  :)  He is a teacher also so he understands what my job entails and how draining and stressful it can be at times.  We both share a passion and love for teaching.  I am honored that I get to spend the rest of my life with such an amazing man!

I have the best mom and dad in the world!  They made me into the confident, caring person I am today.  They showed me what true love and kindness means.  They were always a part of my education and gave me my love for learning.  We have a wonderful relationship, and they are always there for me.
My brother is the one who taught me to laugh at myself.  When we were little we fought occasionally as all siblings do, but overall we had a great relationship and still do to this day. 


My sister-in-law is such an amazing person!  She is my best friend and we have so much fun together.  She is a teacher also and we share stories and ideas about our classroom frequently.   If I have a bad day at school I know I can call her and she will understand exactly what I am going through.  I am blessed to have her in my life.

The relationships I have with the people in my life are very important to me.  They have helped to mold me into the person I am today.  They keep me grounded and make me feel loved.  Maintaining each relationship takes time and I try to let the special people in my life know just how much I care about them on a daily basis.  My parents and brother and sister-in-law live thousands of miles away, so at times communication can be difficult.  We are grateful for Skype, phone calls, and text messages.  :)  I am truly blessed to have such amazing, caring people surrounding me. 

4 comments:

  1. Leigh,
    What a beautiful family you have! I am happy for you to have such an amazing husband, I pray that you will have an eternal relationship. He looks like he is happy too! That is a pretty big smile on his face.
    Thank you for showing your family, God bless each of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leigh,

    Your pictures are really beautiful. It is a blessing to have the support of a great husband, parents and sibling. It is also wonderful the relationship you have with your sister-in-law. I have a wonderful relationship with my sister in law as well. Thanks for sharing.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leigh,
    Thank you for showing us your family. It's awesome that you have a supportive husban
    and and that you are close with your family. A lot of families I know aren't that
    close including mine and I like to see that there are still some close families left.
    It probably helps that your husband and sister in law also have teaching jobs. They
    can understand some things that other people might not and I'm sure you have lots
    to talk about with them. You are lucky to be surrounded with great people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leigh you have such a contagious smile. And yes you are blessed. You have an edge on your relationships because you, your husband and sister are all teachers. That's wonderful because as you said, they can relate to you.

    ReplyDelete